How Do I Get To Hamble Le Rice?
Once again the Travel Mole Regatta will take place in the beautiful village of Hamble Le Rice on the sunny south coast.
Below is a map with the location of Hamble Village, also on the map you will see the Royal Southern Yacht Club where the morning reception will take place, as well as the King and Queen and the location of the boats, these venues are marked with a blue marker, click on that marker for full addresses for your GPS if required.
The only location you really need to take note of is the RSYC, from there…just follow every one else
View Travel Mole Regatta in a larger map
If you click on the link above for a larger map, you can then ask for directions from your current location.
Once in Hamble there is a car park right next to the RSYC, it is a pay and display so come armed with £ coins.
What Should I Bring With Me On The Day?
The weather WILL be perfect but just in case, wet weather gear will be provided on all the boats for each crew member, this will include jackets and salopets.
In addition we recommend that you bring the following: -
- A warm wind proof and waterproof over jacket, to use when full wet weather gear is not required.
- A warm sweater or fleece (it always appears a little colder once out on the water).
- A hat (please note it will be up to your fellow crew members, whether you return for base ball caps which blow off during the racing in the wind!!!)
- Sun Cream is provided by marine events, if you require a special factor then you will have to provide this yourself.
- A spare change of clothing …………………just in case
- There will be an event camera available on each boat, if you decide to bring your own, be aware, they may get wet.
- Sunglasses, the glare from the white decks is very bright even if the sun is not out.
- Sea sickness are no longer provided so if you have a history of Motion Sickness please bring your own.
Please wear soft-soled non-marking shoes. Trainers will be fine.
It may be worth bringing a spare pair for the journey home, just in case it rains!
Life jackets will be provided. During the safety briefing their use will be demonstrated. You will be required to wear these during the racing.
Unfortunately there will be no alcohol served onboard the yachts during racing, but I am sure there will be some served after the racing!!!
SEA SICKNESS AND ILLNESS
Please make one of the Marine Events crew aware if you suffer from motion sickness or any other illness that may need attention or may affect your day, I.E epilepsy, back problems… this will not exclude you from any activity, but the staff need to know so they can react to any situation that arises.
Most importantly…Relax and enjoy your day!!!